At First Savings Bank we do more than just promise to meet our customer’s banking needs. Since commencing operations in 1913 in Beresford, South Dakota, we’ve take great pride in treating each and every one of our customers with the attention and care they deserve. First Savings Bank will always be your community bank, committed to doing what’s right for our customers in this generation – and the next.
Over the years we’ve grown, adding more locations and banking products, but always continuing to offer our customers personalized service. First Savings Bank has expanded to offer branch locations in South Dakota, New Mexico, Nevada, Nebraska, Texas and Arizona.
We’re proud of our traditions as a family-owned business and the connections to the communities we serve. Our banking professionals live and work in these communities and our lending decisions are always made locally. We’re proud to offer customized banking services and innovative products in our branches, online and from mobile devices. We want you to be able to bank on your schedule!
We’re always striving to improve your banking experience; we offer the
most current technology, from mobile deposits and online bill pay to
remote banking options for our business clients. By reaching the
expectations of our customer’s banking needs, we all win.
The Mission of First Savings Bank is to support the financial goals of individuals and businesses in the communities we call home. As a team of passionate professionals working hard to deliver value to our customers, we provide meaningful relationships, personalized services and innovative technologies. We are dedicated to making a difference in our communities, we foster economic growth and we offer every person a better banking experience.
We have an unrelenting drive to be great. Quality service is our #1 priority.
We do not shy away from accountability. We work together as a team and embrace the spirit of service.
We are competitive leaders in our markets and a go-to source for finance and lending.
We’re proud to support each other and our local communities. We win when our communities win.
First Savings Bank is part of an affiliated banking organization with two other affiliate banks:
- First National Bank – Pierre, SD with 16 banking locations in South Dakota and Colorado.
- First National Bank – Oldham, SD with 11 offices located in Minnesota, South Dakota, Illinois and Iowa.
First Savings Bank is regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
Executive Management Team
Today, First Savings Bank operates under the Executive Management team of:
- Morgan Larson, President/CEO
- Rick Christensen, EVP/CFO
- Karla Birgen, SVP/Sr. Compliance Officer
- Kay Grosvenor, VP/Cashier
- Byron Ekdom, Divisional President – South Dakota/Nebraska
- Daryl Lindsay, Divisional President – New Mexico
- Hector Briseno, Divisional President – Texas
- Robert Sandhu, Divisional President – Nevada/Arizona
- Kellie Sahm, VP / Chief Deposit Officer
- Angie Bailey, VP/Internal Audit Manager
- Bonnie Hybertson, Security Officer
- Debbie Horlyk, Human Resources Manager
- Michelle Kuiper-Carlson, VP/Loan Operations Manager