Regulation E ATM/Debit Card Opt-In Form
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have Standard Overdraft Practices that come with your account.
- We also offer Overdraft Protection Plans, such as a link to your savings account or line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our Standard Overdraft Practices.
What are the Standard Overdraft Practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions at our discretion:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments and recurring debit card transactions
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to. (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means that we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if First Savings Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our Standard Overdraft Practices:
- We will charge you an overdraft fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- We will charge you an NSF Return Fee of $30 for each item, per presentment, that we return unpaid for nonsufficient funds (NSF), even if we later cover the item, in our discretion, as an overdraft and impose an Overdraft Item Fee.
- We will limit the number of Overdraft Item and NSF Return Fees you will be charged to a maximum of Ten (10) total Overdraft Item and NSF Return Fees per day ($300.00 total per day).
What if I want First Savings Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call or visit any of our branches or complete and submit the form below.