Commercial Real Estate Lending
First Savings Bank – Commercial Real Estate Lending Department
1700 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway . Suite 101 . Henderson, NV 89012
|Have a question, want to make an appointment or visit with one of our lenders?
Click here to complete the form below.
Content and Page Resources
First Savings Bank is a family owned financial institution that specializes in commercial banking. Whether you're ready to purchase, develop, build, refinance or explore your options, we'd love to hear from you today!
Commercial Real Estate Loans
Whether you’re looking to purchase, renovate, or refinance your commercial real estate, First Savings Bank can help you achieve your goals. Our expert commercial lenders provide businesses and real estate investors with the financial solutions they need to grow and thrive. And, with a range of financial products, you can easily find a way to finance any commercial property.
Traditional Commercial Real Estate Loans
Financing for a variety of properties, including office buildings, industrial buildings, multi-family units and retail centers. With a flexible loan structure, borrowers are provided the opportunity to maximize their return on investment.
Multi-stage loans that use the equity you build into your developments to unlock financing for the next phase of your projects.
Value Add CRE Financing
Bridge loans offer short-term financing designed to help you improve or resell a property when you have an opportunity right in front of you.
Land Development Loans
Loan proceeds are utilized by real estate developers to acquire and develop raw land or unimproved land parcels for future construction.
Investor Owned Residential Real Estate (IORRE) Loans
Financing provided to investors to acquire multiple SFRs, condos and townhomes for investment purposes.Property Types
- Multi Family
- Mixed Use Buildings
- Residential Investment Properties
- Industrial Buildings
- Office Buildings
- Retail Centers
SBA loans are designed for businesses that are looking to finance any of the following: start-up, acquisition, remodel, expansion, succession, real estate purchase/construction, equipment, leasehold improvements, inventory & working capital, franchise fees, or debt refinance. We offer a full range of commercial banking products to complement SBA lending solutions and our experienced SBA Loan Officers will guide you through the eligibility requirements to determine if an SBA loan is right for your business.
SBA – 7(a) LoansThe 7(a) loan program is one of the most popular loans utilized by small businesses. The use of proceeds may include:
- Acquisition, expansion, renovation, or construction of Owner Occupied Commercial Real Estate
- Purchase Equipment & Machinery
- Working Capital
- Business Acquisition
SBA – 504 Loans
The SBA 504 Loan program is a powerful economic development loan program that offers small businesses another avenue for business financing, while promoting business growth, and job creation. The 504 Loan Program provides approved small businesses with long-term, fixed-rate financing used to acquire fixed assets for expansion or modernization. 504 loans are made available through Certified Development Companies (CDCs). 504 Loans are typically structured with First Savings Bank covering up to 50% of the total project costs, SBA providing 40% of the total project costs, and the borrower contributing 10% of the project costs. Under certain circumstances, a borrower may be required to contribute up to 20% of the total project costs.
The use of proceeds from 504 Loans must be used for fixed assets (and certain soft costs), including:
- The purchase of existing buildings
- The purchase of land and land improvements, including grading, street improvements, utilities, parking lots and landscaping
- The construction of new facilities or modernizing, renovating or converting existing facilities
- The purchase of long-term machinery and equipment with a useful life over 10 years
- Up to 90% financing
- Longer loan amortizations, no balloon payments (Equipment up to 10 years, Real Estate up to 25 years)
- Fixed-rate interest rates
- Projects up to $12,000,000
To be eligible for a 504 Loan, your business must be operated for profit and fall within the size standards set by the SBA. Under the 504 Program, a business qualifies if it has a tangible net worth not more than $15 million, and an average net income of $5 million or less after federal income taxes for the preceding two years prior to application. Loans cannot be made to businesses engaged in nonprofit, passive or speculative activities. Project must be at least 51% owner occupied if its an existing building and 60% owner occupied if its new construction.
Getting Prepared for The Loan Process
Let's discuss your thoughts and goals and then depending on the type and size of the loan request, you may be asked to provide the following:
- 3-years Business Federal Tax Returns
- 3-years Personal Federal Tax Returns
- Business History narrative or Business Plan
- Offer to Purchase (if buying property)
- Rent Roll (if rental property is involved)
- Personal Financial Statement
Commercial Banking Solutions
Business Checking and Savings Accounts
A financial partner can help your business grow to its full potential. First Savings Bank offers experienced banking professionals here in your community, ready to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. We offer expertise in all facets of business banking with a personal touch. Whether you have a small start-up or a multi-million-dollar company, we’re here to offer the services you need with the most current technology. We want to get to know you and your business.
Business Cash Management
First Savings Bank offers personalized cash management services to help your business reach its true potential. Our bankers are here to work with you to get to know your special business needs and help to identify the banking tools and services that will allow you to streamline your operations. We’re happy to help you set up and support the systems you need to make your business grow.
- Internet and Mobile Banking
- Bill Pay
- ACH Services
- Credit Card Processing
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Positive Pay
- Quickbooks Desktop Direct Connect
Nevada IOLTA Accounts
Nevada IOLTA AccountsAccount Benefits
- Conveniently manage client funds
- Meet compliance requirements
- Earn a premium-level interest rate
- Interest is automatically sent to your state Bar Foundation, which handles distribution to pro-bono legal assistance programs
- No minimum balance requirements or monthly maintenance fees
- Online access through PC Execubanc®, Internet Banking for Businesses
- Consider banking with a Leadership Institution that offers premium rates on all IOLTA accounts under deposit.
- When naming your account, the account title should list your firm name with a subtitle of IOLTA account, trust account or client funds account.
- The tax ID should be the tax ID for the Nevada Bar Foundation. First Savings Bank has this on record.
- Each time you open a trust account, you must complete an Attorney Enrollment Form. Share a copy with your financial institution, send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and keep a copy for your records.
Real Estate Investing - How to get Started, The Beginner's Guide
As you are looking at properties, it is important to analyze and research each property so that you can determine if it makes sense financially and fits into your overall strategy.
Understand the value of the property by looking at its price per square foot, recent comparable sales, and estimated market value. The cost per square foot is important because it helps you determine whether or not there is an opportunity for profit in buying and selling this particular piece of real estate. Understand what cash flow will be available from operating expenses like mortgage payments, insurance premiums, maintenance costs, management fees/expenses etc. These numbers should also be compared against rental income so that they are accurate before moving forward with purchasing any type of investment property.
Tip: Some companies like Colliers provide free reporting on the current market rents and vacancies.Click here to read the full article.
Building for Innovation
If you’re an architect, a developer or a contractor, how can your business benefit from innovative design and construction?
It all starts with the lender. If a lender is willing to provide financing for creative projects, then developers will want to build them and property owners will want to lease space in them. That gives architects and contractors more freedom. It also makes it easier for cities to take risks on urban planning projects that may not be profitable in the short term but could pay off over time by improving quality of life and reducing costs associated with infrastructure problems like flooding or traffic congestion.Click here to read the full article.
Did You Know That We Work With Series LLC Entities
Currently, you can only form this type of business structure in about 20 states, including Nevada.
The series LLC is a “family” of LLC’s that are overseen by a parent LLC, often referred to as a master LLC.It is a single LLC that operates as multiples. Each LLC in this family is distinct from one or another and operates independently. Assets of each series within the series are protected from the other series.
Advantages of a Series LLC
- Reduced start up costs. Only one State Registration (Articles of Organization & state business license).
- Each series of the LLC series are protected from debits of the series within the series. Example, if series A owes a debt to a creditor, series B has no responsibility to repay.
- The are no limits to how many series you can set up in a Series LLC. You can have 5, 50 or even 100.
- Can be structured for confidentiality and anonymity to a manager or member of each series.
Businesses That Can Benefit
- Real Estate Investors - Series LLCs can be a useful tool for Real Estate investors who own multiple properties.
- Franchisees - Each entity can isolate and protects its properties from the liabilities of other companies in other series.
- The are no limits to how many series you can set up in a Series LLC. You can have 5, 50 or even 100.
Interested in learning more? Visit with one of our experienced bankers who work with Series LLCs.
Joseph Collier Financial Services Jacque Kiser-Parker Business Banker Evan Vasquez Business Banker
1700 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite 101 . Henderson, NV 89012 . 702-990-5900
What People are Saying about First Savings Bank
"As a small business suffering through the mandated Covid shutdowns, this bank has been a lifesaver. Our large corporate bank could have cared less about helping us. First savings was responsive, caring, helpful and saved our business. Highly recommend this bank for personal or business needs."
"They offer outstanding customer service to small business and individuals. I wish I would have found this bank much sooner!"
"I am proud to be a customer of First Savings Bank they have helped me tremendously with a funding our new construction of our clinic and being very helpful in every step of the way!"
"We have been clients of First Savings Bank for almost 4 years and have had excellent service. As a business customer, we have multiple accounts and have had numerous instances that required special attention…every occasion has been handled professionally and in a timely manner. First Savings Bank has been a valuable asset to our business."
"First Savings Bank is great. I have been using them for years. I have a few different business accounts with them. They are always helpful and often times will go out of their way to help me. During Covid and the special PPP program, they were phenomenal. I have colleagues that bank with the big banks and they could not get the PPP funds quick at all. First Savings Bank had them distributed right away. As a business owner, I love the small bank feel where they actually know your name and needs. It’s great being able to call and get someone on the phone right away without having to go thru a bunch of recordings to speak to someone. I recommend First Savings Bank."
"I’ve gotten to know everyone at the bank and they are always there to help. What a difference to have real people who care versus my other experiences at the big banks. I highly recommend this bank."